lunes, 28 de octubre de 2013

31DC2013 Day 10: Metallic Nails!

FINALLY! I have my metallic nails for you!! I actually ended up doing three different designs and I just wasn't too fond with the first two. I chose some holo polishes to show out the "metallic" look but didn't think like it shouted METALLIC out loud, so I went with foil and oh my goodness I have such a love/hate relationship with foil! The plastic edges always stick up and then I end up pulling it off and it doesn't last me more than 12 hours! But I wasn't just gonna give up with the foil, so I decided to simply apply the foil so part of it would transfer to the nail and it'd look like a vintage gold manicure, I guess... I also bought this gorgeous Color Club polish and had to use it!! It was pretty metallic, though;)




For this nail art I used one of my all time faves, Orly Close Your Eyes, as my base color and Color Club The Uptown for my ring and thumb.




I simply painted my nails with one coat of Close Your Eyes, let it dry and then applied my second coat and while it was still wet I dabbed my sheet of gold foil over my nails so part of the foil would pass to the nails.




This reminds me a bit of the gold leaf top coats (real gold) that came out about a year ago, and I really liked the idea of having that kind of look without expending $30 on a top coat!





I hope you liked this post and now I really have some more for you later this week! :)


Love, Pam♥

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario