jueves, 21 de noviembre de 2013

31DC2013 Day 14: Flowers!

Heeeeeello, there! I'm ssssooo sorry about the two-weeks absence but I was busy getting a job then finally got one but felt something was wrong so I took off and after that I found out all was a scam! I'm so glad I got out of there.

Today I brought you my flower design which was a total FAIL!
I ran out of top coat so I decided to give Nina Super Dry Topcoat a try and oh my goodness, maybe it was that I hadn't tried it before, or that I wasn't used to it but it smudged all my design!! Completely! I was very upset, but thankfully my neighbor volunteered for a new flower design.
                            *Update: I'm still struggling with Nina Super Dry Topcoat but I've managed to get the most out of its HUGE brush without smudging my designs.

First I'm going to show you my (smudged) flower design.



I went for fall colors on a baby blue/grey base and I realy liked the color combo. I used Color Club Silver Lake as my base color, China Glaze Cast A Spell, Color Club Cold Metal and the last one I don't remember if it was Color Club Rev'd Up or Orly Close Your Eyes. With the help of my small nail art brush I did the "drop and drag" technique to make the petals. My pistol accent was possible thanks to Finger Paints Gourd Or Bad?

I didn't even clean up my cuticles because it was painful to see that mess. :'(

Now the "fixed" design. I made a completely different vintage rose and I really liked them. It took me some time but I loved the result (and my neighor too haha).



I used Color Club Silver Lake as my base color again, then I painted a couple dots with the help of my large dotting tool mixing China Glaze With Love with two drops of China Glaze White On White. After it dried I used my small brush to paint small "C's" around and inside our flower with With Love alone (no white added) to add some shade. Lastly, I painted the small leaves with the help of my brush and China Glaze Running In Circles.



Well, I hope you liked this double-post. I'm sorry for the delay, but I'm so ready to give my everything in these second half! I'm already on day 17 so I'll be posting really soon;)

Love, Pam♥

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario